Swords of Legends Online — Mentorship Guide
Last Updated 15th July 2021
What is Mentorship
In Swords of Legends Online, veteran players will have a system called Mentorship to assist newer player. One can form a “Master and Apprentice” relationship which allows players to partner together to receive additional rewards and benefits.
Masters and Apprentices can make use of a summoning function which allows them to teleport to each other 5 times per day. In addition they can receive special titles and various items.
Things to note:
- You can only become a Master or Apprentice to people on the same server as you.
- You can have a maximum of 3 Masters.
- You can have a maximum of 6 Apprentices
How to become a Master or Apprentice:
When you reach level X you can become a Master and when you reach level X you can become a Apprentice, you unlock a UI where you can apply to be a master or apprentice. Press the little mug above your chat window to access.
From this interface, you are able to accept Masters or Apprentices:
Become a Master
Become a Apprentice
There is also a setting tab in the Master and Apprentice interface which allows you to set up automatic chat messages and also allows you to accept requests automatically from aspiring apprentices.
Mentor Points are experience points earned by completing goals and activities with your Master or Apprentice which can be used to increase your Mentor Level.
How to obtain Mentor Points:
- When a Master or Apprentice is playing in an area together, both will receive 1 Mentor Point every 15 minutes.
- Masters and Apprentices receive Mentor Points by defeating foes together (up to 350 per week.
- Masters and Apprentices receive Mentor Points for completing Growth Quests/Main Goals together.
- Master and Apprentices receive Mentor Points for completing Weekly Mentorship goals.
Mentor Points can also be earned by defeating foes as stated above.
The Master and Apprentice can join a battlefield (including Valley of Echoing Blades) or arenas together. For each player they defeat, they receive 2 Mentor Points.
The Master and Apprentice can form a team in an instance and Mentor Points are earned each time a boss is killed.
Not Released Content
These Instances not accessible at launch and will come in a later patch:
- 2 Mentor Points can be earned in Student level instances (small group instances normal and up; medium group instances easy and up).
- 4 Mentor Points can be earned in Expert level instances (small group instances normal and up; medium group instances easy and up).
- 5 Mentor Points can be earned in Master level instances (small group instances normal and up; medium group instances easy and up).
There is a weekly limit for Mentor Points earned by defeating foes, regardless of if they are killed in PVE or PVP there is a maximum weekly cap of 350. The amount you have earned by defeating foes can be found in the Master and Apprentice interface (pictured below)
Total Obtainable Mentor Point
Mentor Point Total is the sum of Mentor Points that a Master and Apprentice has earned from activities/goals. A player without any Masters or Apprentices has no Mentor Point Total. Your Mentor Point total will determine your position in the Mentorship rankings
Role of a Master:
As a Master your main goals are to assist your Apprentice in various different aspects of their gameplay.
You can level up your Mentor Level by obtaining Mentor Points from various goals and quests with your Apprentice. Only specific levels give rewards
Weekly Mentorship Goals
Complete weekly goals with your Apprentice to receive rewards and earn Mentor Points to level up your Mentor Level. These reset at 6AM every Thursday
Role of a Apprentice
As an Apprentice your main objective is to grow your character with the assistance of your Master.
You can level up your Mentor Level by obtaining Mentor Points from various goals and quests with your Master. Only specific levels give rewards
Weekly Mentorship Goals
Complete weekly goals with your Master to receive rewards and earn Mentor Points to level up your Mentor Level. These reset at 6AM every Thursday
Rewards Description Index
9 Gold, 800 Silver
60 Mentor Ticket
Once activated, you will be added to the beginners’ channel.
When you are online, you will automatically be recommended as a famous teacher.
You will also receive 11 extra Fortune points (lasts for 7 days)
Originally published at https://fayiette.com.